Wellness Coaching in Charleston, South Carolina
At Hammocks on the Edisto, a key function of the wellness coach is supporting residents in connecting the dots to their experience of treatment and entering recovery. Every resident will have weekly individual sessions and group sessions with our wellness coach. From our experience, most individuals will benefit from a mix of conversation, movement, meditation, goal setting, resource gathering, and accountability.
In individual coaching sessions, we will meet each resident where they are mentally, emotionally, and physically. The time will be tailored to be useful to them and provide them with concrete action steps that will help them to build their own set of wellness practices for their continued recovery. For residents who would benefit from movement in their sessions, we can mix practices such as:
- Therapeutic yoga
- Functional strength training
- Mindful organic movement
- Mindful walking practices
- Thai yoga therapy techniques
Also, for residents that would benefit from personalized breathwork, journaling, or meditation, we would spend time in conversation and guided practice.
Group Wellness Coaching
- Functional movement practices
- Breathwork and meditation practices
- Workshop style conversations centered on overall wellness
- Yoga theory
- Buddhist-inspired recovery
- Chinese medicine-based seasonal practices
- Mindful eating meditation
We may also incorporate any of the practices mentioned previously in the individual work.