Opiates are a class of drugs that include the illegal drug heroin as well as legal prescription pain relievers such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, and morphine. While opiates can be effective at treating pain, they also carry a high risk for abuse and addiction. For many of those who become addicted to opiates, the journey begins with the legitimate use of prescription painkillers. However, as tolerance to the drugs increases, some individuals may begin to misuse their medication.
Women who struggle with opiate addiction can find the support they need at Hammocks on the Edisto. Our opiate substance abuse treatment program is designed specifically for women, and we offer a variety of services to help our clients heal from addiction and build a foundation for long-term sobriety.
How Opiate Addiction Develops
Opiates work by binding to receptors in the brain and spinal cord, which results in a reduction of pain signals. These substances also produce a sense of euphoria, which is why they are often misused. Opiate abuse can lead to tolerance, which means that a person needs to take increasingly larger doses of the drug to experience the same effects. As tolerance develops, dependence may also occur. This means that a person will experience withdrawal symptoms if they attempt to quit taking opiates.
Opiate addiction can also co-occur with mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression. This is why it’s so important to seek treatment at a facility that offers comprehensive care.
Opiate Substance Abuse Treatment at Hammocks on the Edisto
Hammocks on the Edisto is a women’s only opiate substance abuse treatment center located in beautiful South Carolina. Our program is designed to help women heal from addiction and learn the skills they need to maintain sobriety.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Individualized treatment plans – Through comprehensive assessments, we develop personalized treatment plans that address each woman’s unique needs.
- Group and individual therapy – We offer a variety of therapy modalities, including group and individual therapy. This allows our clients to process their experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- Wellness coaching – Our wellness coaches work with clients to help them develop healthy lifestyle habits.
- Expressive therapies – We offer a variety of expressive therapies, including art therapy and yoga. These modalities can help women tap into their creativity and find new ways to cope with stress.
- Family support – We understand the importance of family support, and we offer a variety of services to help families heal from addiction.
- Weekly outings – We believe in the importance of fun and relaxation, and we offer weekly outings to local attractions such as the beach, museums, and hiking trails.
- 12-step integration – Both on- and off-site 12-step meetings are available to help our clients stay connected to the recovery community.
Long-term healing and recovery are possible with the right treatment and support. If you or a loved one is struggling with opiate addiction, we encourage you to reach out to us today.
Learn More from Hammocks on the Edisto
Connect with Hammocks on the Edisto today to learn more about our opiate substance abuse treatment program. We offer a variety of services to help women heal from addiction and work towards a life of sobriety. Effective, trauma-informed care is just a phone call away. Through an initial assessment, we can develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
Contact the Hammocks on the Edisto team today at 833.793.0191 to get started on the road to recovery from opiate addiction.