Your overall health and wellness are integral to leading a happy and productive life. Research shows that women with serious mental health issues like depression and substance use disorders have a life expectancy of 10-25 years less than a healthy person.1 A rehab and wellness center can help patients struggling with mental health issues through women’s wellness coaching, holistic therapy, and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Hammocks on the Edisto is a women’s only treatment facility near Charleston that offers in-patient treatment for women struggling with mental health issues. Our rehab wellness center will focus on your individual needs and help you develop healthy habits for maintaining your mental and physical well-being. Call 833.793.0191 today to speak with our caring staff about our luxurious health and wellness center when you are ready to stop letting your mental health affect your life.
What Is Wellness?
Wellness is a state of being in good physical and mental health. It encompasses various aspects of your life that are responsible for your overall well-being, including your professional, family, and social activities. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) have identified eight dimensions of wellness that an individual must address and maintain in order to be truly healthy.2 They are:
A physical injury can affect more than just the area that is hurt. In some cases, an athlete who has to recover from an injury can sink into depression because they are no longer active. A wellness program can help patients connect the dots and better understand how everything is connected. At Hammocks on the Edisto, our rehab and wellness center includes wellness programs to give you the necessary skills to maintain your physical and mental health and wellness.
Advantages of Enrolling at a Women’s Rehabilitation Wellness Center
Studies show that up to half of people with a mental health concern do not seek help the help they need. This is due to many factors, including the stigma that surrounds mental health, which continues to be very high in the U.S. There are, however, many advantages to enrolling in a health and wellness program like the one at Hammocks on the Edisto. Among the approaches to wellness you will learn to incorporate into your new, healthy lifestyle are:
- Exercise – Physical exercise is an excellent way to improve your mood and health. Exercise releases dopamine and other endorphins that make you feel happy, and it also improves your cardiovascular health and improves your sleeping habits. All of these are important components of an improved state of wellness.
- Nutrition – Many people think of nutritious eating as bland and in many cases more expensive than less nutritious options. However, there are plenty of cheap. easy-to-prepare meals that are both delicious and nutritious. Eating whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and proteins will give your body and mind the energy and nutrients they need to get through the day.
- Mindfulness – Yoga and meditation are useful in promoting your physical health as well as helping you feel more centered and focused. As you work to improve your health and wellness through mindfulness, you will find it easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Learn More About the Rehab and Wellness Center for Women at Hammocks on the Edisto
Poor mental health can take a toll on you physically as well as mentally. The women’s residential treatment center at Hammocks on the Edisto is here to help you improve your health and wellness. Our therapy programs include individual and group therapy and are designed to improve all aspects of your life. These include, but are not limited to:
- Yoga and meditation
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Play therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Family counseling
- Art therapy
To learn more about the advantages of enrolling in our rehab and wellness center, call 833.793.0191 today to learn more about our women’s wellness coaching program.
- “Premature Death Among People With Severe Mental Disorders” – World Health Organization
- “Promoting Wellness for Better Behavioral and Physical Health” – SAMHSA