The support, guidance, and resources available to those in our women’s rehab programs are invaluable. And though completing treatment is a momentous event worthy of celebration, it’s not the end of the recovery journey. After completing treatment at Hammocks on the Edisto, clients are invited to participate in our alumni program.
At Hammocks, we are invested in the continued success of you and your fellow residents. Remaining a part of a larger recovery community, connecting with one another, and continuing to build on gains made while in treatment are essential to long-term recovery. Through an interactive app, regular emails on current events and announcements, alumni functions, and the opportunity to give back to the recovery community, our alumni continue their healing journey.
Ready to learn more? Contact the Hammocks on the Edisto team today at 833.793.0191 to get started.
What Is an Alumni Program?
It’s typical for those who are reaching the end of their time in residential treatment to have concerns about the transition back into their everyday lives. Relapse, maintaining sobriety in the face of challenges, and difficulty building new healthy habits are all valid concerns.
As you return to responsibilities at home or at work, maintaining your connection to a recovery community is essential to continued success. An alumni program is one way that Hammocks on the Edisto helps make this possible.
Our women’s rehab alumni program offers a chance for those in recovery to stay connected to the Hammocks community and to one another. This is accomplished through:
- Weekly e-mail blasts – Alumni can stay up-to-date with current events and announcements.
- Enrollment in our HIPAA-compliant App by CaredFor – Our interactive app offers opportunities for connection with other alumni and staff in real time. This includes articles, acknowledgment of milestones, inspirations, community and facility information, and spaces dedicated to fostering a sense of community.
- Quarterly alumni functions – These take place either at the Hammocks facility, off-site, or virtually.
- Giving back – Alumni can come back and share a message of hope with others during AA or NA meetings brought on-site from the local 12-step community.
- Virtual activities – Alumni can participate in weekly Zoom yoga sessions to build on the practice they developed while at Hammocks.
- Virtual alumni AA Meetings – Participating in an AA program regularly can be key to successful recovery.
The supportive community you’ll find in our alumni program can help you to stay on track with your recovery goals and avoid relapse. Additionally, the sober activities and meetings provide opportunities to build new, healthy habits and connect with others who understand what you’re going through.
How Our Alumni Program Supports Recovery
Why is our alumni program such an important part of the women’s rehab services we offer at Hammocks on the Edisto? There are several reasons:
- Structure – Our weekly sober activities and meetings provide a sense of structure that can be helpful as you re-enter your everyday life.
- Support – Staying connected to others in recovery can provide the support you need to maintain your sobriety.
- Accountability – Our alumni program promotes accountability and responsibility, two key components of successful recovery.
- Healthy habits – Participating in our alumni program can help you to continue developing healthy habits and routines.
Consistency is important in recovery. Regular participation in support groups, sober activities, and other events hosted by our alumni program can provide the stability and consistency you need to maintain your sobriety. Helping your peers in recovery is a meaningful experience. You’ll quickly find that your experiences and perspective are valuable to others in the alumni program and that you receive as much as you give.
Learn More from Hammocks on the Edisto
Hammocks on the Edisto is the premier provider of women’s rehab programs near Charleston, SC. In our serene residential center, residents have the opportunity to focus on their healing without distractions. Our trauma-informed approach to treatment is uniquely tailored to each of our residents, focusing on long-term, sustainable sobriety.
Wellness programming and other holistic therapies help residents develop a healthy lifestyle and establish lasting wellness habits. If you’re ready to take the next step in your recovery, we’re here to help.
Contact the Hammocks on the Edisto team today at 833.793.0191 or connect with us to learn more about our women’s rehab programs and alumni program.