Our women’s rehab programs help those in our care learn healthy coping skills and strategies for long-term, sustainable sobriety. In our addiction treatment center near Charleston, small group sizes, trauma-informed treatment, and a focus on wellness ensure that clients have the tools and resources they need. However, recovery is a journey, not a destination. The most effective treatment programs take into account the need for ongoing support after treatment is completed. While Hammocks on the Edisto exclusively offers inpatient treatment, we coordinate with local outpatient treatment centers and aftercare programs to ensure that the women in our care have the support they need during this crucial time.
As you make the transition from treatment back to everyday life, do so with the support and guidance needed to support lasting recovery. Contact Hammocks on the Edisto at 833.793.0191 to learn more about how discharge planning and aftercare can make a difference.
How Aftercare Works
Aftercare and discharge planning starts at the very beginning of treatment. During the admissions process, our team identifies barriers to treatment and makes note of any resources that will be needed upon discharge. This information is then used to create an individualized treatment plan that includes aftercare recommendations.
Aftercare services are an important part of the treatment process, but they look different for everyone. Some women may benefit from outpatient therapy, while others may need sober living or 12-step meetings. The most important thing is that you have a solid plan in place for continued support and accountability.
At Hammocks on the Edisto, women in our care can expect:
- Individualized treatment plans that take into account your unique needs
- A focus on your continued sobriety and overall wellness
- Recommendations for aftercare services that will support your recovery
- A discharge plan that supports a smooth transition back into everyday life
Often, discharge planning involves recommendations for ongoing treatment in the form of follow-up appointments with primary care, therapy sessions, substance use disorder programming, mutual help meetings, sober living, or extended treatment.
Benefits of Aftercare
Aftercare programs reinforce the skills and strategies learned during treatment and provide women with the support they need to stay on track with their recovery goals. They’re distinct from outpatient programs, which are typically more focused on treatment and less on recovery. Aftercare programs, on the other hand, are all about sustaining sobriety and supporting women as they transition back into their everyday lives.
Some of the benefits of aftercare include:
- Reduced risk of relapse
- Continued support and accountability
- A sense of community and belonging
- The ability to practice new coping skills in real-world situations
- Improved mental and physical health
As part of a comprehensive approach to women’s addiction treatment, Hammocks on the Edisto is proud to coordinate with local aftercare services to better support our clients.
Reach Out to Hammocks on the Edisto Today
Hammocks on the Edisto is proud to offer women’s addiction treatment programs that focus on healing the whole person. Our comprehensive approach includes evidence-based treatment, trauma-informed care, and a focus on wellness. Just a few of our offerings include:
- Nutrition education – We believe that women in recovery should have the tools they need to make healthy choices.
- Yoga therapy – Yoga can be an incredibly powerful tool for women in addiction recovery.
- Kayaking, hiking, daily recreation, and weekly outings – Being in nature has been shown to have a number of benefits for women in treatment, including reducing stress and improving mental health.
- Wellness coaching – We believe that women in treatment should have access to comprehensive wellness support.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, we encourage you to reach out to Hammocks on the Edisto at 833.793.0191 today.